Last chance! The stakeholder review and commenting period for the CQI-27 Special Process: Casting System Assessment, 2nd edition draft ends in just two short weeks.
Commenting spreadsheets must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2018, for consideration.
The work of preparing special process assessments is done by AIAG technical committees. The CQI-27 Special Process: Casting System Assessment, 2nd edition is a collaborative work of OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers, and casting suppliers.
The 2nd Edition has many new enhancements including additional content, a greater emphasis on content generally regarded as mandatory, consolidated tables with similar requirements, and revised wording in areas that lacked clarity.
The objective is to have robust processes which minimize the risk of casting defects in automotive applications. Ten Process Tables have been developed and are specific to casting processes as noted below:
- Process Table A – Sand Casting (Iron/Steel)
- Process Table B – Centrifugal Castings
- Process Table C – Centrifugal Liners
- Process Table D – Investment Castings (Iron/Steel)
- Process Table E – Aluminum SPM Cylinder Heads
- Process Table F – Aluminum Sand Castings
- Process Table G – Aluminum Metal Mold
- Process Table H – Aluminum High Pressure Die Cast
- Process Table I – Magnesium High Pressure Die Cast
- Process Table J – Zinc High Pressure Die Cast
The Casting System Assessment is applicable to sites where customer-specified parts for production and/or service are processed throughout the automotive supply chain.
DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS: To participate in the review process, simply download the free AIAG CQI-27 Special Process: Casting System Assessment, 2nd Edition draft files here (select "Purchase Now"). The checkout confirmation page will include a link to your Downloads account tab (please ensure you save the file to your machine as you’ll only be able to download this file one time), or you can use the options under your “My Account” tab to navigate to the same page.
Further instructions for completing and returning the commenting spreadsheet are included in the document itself. Feedback must be sent to email@example.com by February 1, 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you!