Effective Supply Chain Management is all about effective Capacity Management. Vehicle Manufacturers are forecast to produce 5.3 million vehicles in Mexico by the year 2020.
- Is the industry prepared?
- Will there be sufficient transportation capacity to handle the volume?
- Will vehicles encounter excessive dwell at ports or in rail yards waiting for transportation causing overflow, delayed delivery, potential damage, and severe congestion?
- What are the specific actions that need to be taken to ensure capacity is available to support the volumes?
- What exactly needs to be accomplished?
These and many other topics will be discussed at the AIAG Finished Vehicle Logistics Mexico Capacity 2020 Conference on September 7, 2016.
The AIAG Finished Vehicle group will host a working logistics event, led by industry and OEM professionals asking the hard questions and discussing potential solutions with the objective of ensuring the entire industry is prepared to ramp up for the growth in finished vehicle volumes moving to and from Mexico in the coming years.
The challenges are many; the solutions must be creative and candid --and we must begin discussing them now in order to succeed by 2020.
This is a rare opportunity to openly discuss with, and hear from, the leaders of our industry on how we can work together for an efficient transportation ramp up in Mexico. OEM’s, Carriers, Terminal Operators, and Customs Officials will zero in on supply chain capacity solutions and how to implement them.
The AIAG team will maintain a live record of the discussions and distribute the salient points of each discussion for follow-up to drive implementation and success.Bring your ideas, questions, challenges and solutions to the first AIAG Finished Vehicle Logistics Conference, learn more and register now.