At this fifth annual briefing, you will gain insights from thought leaders, OEMs, and suppliers that will affect your company in the year ahead. This three-hour event — repeated in a morning and an afternoon session — will provide you an update on industry strategies and best practices, IPSA audits, and smelter engagement activities.
Register now for this popular event set for next Tuesday, August 2, 2016. For your scheduling convenience, the same agenda will be featured in the morning session and again in the afternoon session.
- Ashley Orbach, Senior Advisor, U.S. Department of State’s Economic and Business Affairs Bureau, deals with issues related to conflict and natural resources, supply chain transparency, and responsible sourcing in the extractives sector. She recently completed an assignment to the White House as the National Security Council’s Multilateral Affairs Director.
- Status of Progress in Central Africa
- Eddy Bandgudi Dishueme, a Congolese National, has worked on Congolese issues for the past decade. He has worked on multiple projects to promote the development of the private sector in the DRC. Dishueme understands Congo’s cultures, customs, languages, and has a passion to see the DC Congo rebuilt and prosperous.
- Sasha Lezhnev is the leader of the D.R. Congo, Great Lakes Region, and Lord Resistance Army team at the Enough Project, where he focuses on conflict minerals issues and the peace process.
- Annie Callaway, Advocacy and Activist Manager for the Enough Project, focuses on coordinating the Conflict-Free Campus Initiative as part of the Raise Hope for Congo campaign.
- OEM Panelists
- Scott Morris is the Sustainability Unit Manager within Honda North America, Inc.’s purchasing division. The business unit’s programs encourage Honda suppliers to take leadership roles in key environmental areas.
- Amanda Bishop, Global Compliance Manager, Visteon Corporation, oversees compliance issues related to conflict minerals, the European Union’s end-of-life vehicle (ELV) directive, REACH legislation, IMDS, and other applicable laws.
- Deb Reining, Quality Engineer, Luvata Ohio, is responsible for product quality, ISO 9000 and ISO 14001 standard registration, conflict minerals policy and program, and development of a supplier quality audit program.
Date: Tuesday, August 2, 2016
Time (two identical sessions):
Morning: 8:30am – 11:30am
Afternoon: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Location: AIAG | 26200 Lahser Road Suite 200 | Southfield, Michigan