Registration for the 2019 IMDS & Product Chemical Compliance Conference on October 16–17 now includes 75 percent off on a Basic IMDS Training Course. With a paid registration for the Conference, get 75 percent off both member and non-member rates for a special Basic IMDS Training Course on October 15, 2019, at AIAG Headquarters, 4400 Town Center, Southfield, MI 48075. Contact customer service at 248-358-3003 or email email@example.com.
This all-day instructor-led course is designed to ensure users are familiar with all aspects of the IMDS system. You will receive hands-on instructions on how to build, receive, and submit data related to ongoing customer requests. All basic concepts will be reviewed in detail to ensure you have the confidence to function competently in the IMDS system. During this course, you will work on the official DXC IMDS training system. As part of the course, you will receive a personal training license ID that will remain valid for four weeks after completion of the training.
Why Attend the Conference?
Beyond ELV: The Expanding Requirements for Compliance Reporting will focus on what you need to know to meet upcoming and ever-changing requirements. As just one example of what you will learn, this overview by B Cubed Consulting, Inc. founder Brenda Baney describes a new amendment to RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU.
EU: Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU – Proposed Amendment on exemption for lead in solders and termination finishes used in certain hand-held combustion engines. Draft Directive, August 2019
In Annex III to Directive 2011/65/EU, entry 41 is replaced by the following:
- Lead in solders and termination finishes of electrical and electronic components and finishes of printed circuit boards used in ignition modules and other electrical and electronic engine control systems, which for technical reasons must be mounted directly on or in the crankcase or cylinder of handheld combustion engines (classes SH:1, SH:2, SH:3 of Directive 97/68/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council *)
Applies to all categories and expires on:
- The last day of the 24th month after the publication of this Delegated Directive in the Official Journal for categories 1 to 7, 10, and 11
- 21 July 2021 for categories 8 and 9 other than in vitro diagnostic medical devices and industrial monitoring and control instruments
- 21 July 2023 for category 8 in vitro diagnostic medical devices
- 21 July 2024 for category 9 industrial monitoring and control instruments
You’ll also hear the latest on GDPR reporting challenges, Brazillian RoHs, the Waste Frame Directive, ELV in Asia Pacific; recycling, aftermarket challenges, responsible minerals, and of course, IMDS. The always-popular OEM/Supplier Panel will discuss data quality requirements, and we will hear an update from the IMDS Steering Committee and the OHCL Work Group.