Save the date for two AIAG 3D meetings on health and safety.
Across the global automotive industry, there have been a growing number of conversations, issues, and concerns related to health and safety (H&S). AIAG member companies increasingly recognize that there needs to be more of a vision and roadmap to improve H&S performance.
Therefore, we at AIAG want to know more about the following as it relates to your H&S:
- Pain-points and areas of concern
- Risks and emerging issues
- Regulatory concerns
- Common areas of interest
To better shape this H&S vision and roadmap, AIAG will hold two 3D meetings at its headquarters (4400 Town Center, Southfield, MI) and on-line from 9:00am–11:00 am on:
- March 19th for OEMs
- March 21st for suppliers and service providers
There are three reasons you need to attend the 3D:
First, over the next two years, the global automotive industry will:
- Face a record number of product launches — an exciting prospect as we continue to create and deploy new manufacturing processes and product technology.
- Increase speed to market — a strategic imperative to realize improvement in both market share and profitability.
- For the next 15+ years, 10,000 baby boomers turn 65 each day — making recruiting, on-boarding and retaining new talent a growing challenge for companies of all sizes.
We believe what we have just described is the formation of a near “perfect storm” for increased risk to employee H&S.
Second, H&S information is an integral part of reporting within a growing number of investor and customer surveys. So how does your company efficiently and effectively respond and provide H&S data to your customers and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), such as:
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC)
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB)
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
- The vast number of Investor Coalitions & Networks (i.e. CDP, Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility)
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
Third, to highlight these industry-wide H&S concerns, in January 2019, this letter was cosigned by six vice presidents of purchasing and sent industry-wide. The letter identified H&S concerns and asks automotive OEMs and suppliers to better support H&S by identifying best practice (BP) programs, processes, and equipment information. These BPs will support companies on a global basis in hazard identification and risk reduction, regulatory compliance and data management and reporting.
How You Can Attend?
To be a part of the process that shapes a vision and roadmap for H&S, please plan to attend one of the two 3D meetings at AIAG Headquarters (4400 Town Center, Southfield, MI) or on-line from 9:00am–11:00am on March 19th for OEMs or March 21st for suppliers and service providers. Please contact AIAG at firstname.lastname@example.org if you or a member of your organization will attend.