The first-ever Southern Automotive Quality Summit — scheduled for January 28, 2016 at the Birmingham/Jefferson Convention Complex in Birmingham, Alabama — has announced its speaker line-up.
The conference, designed to showcase the southern automotive industry’s commitment to world-class quality, is a collaborative effort between AIAG and the Alabama Automotive Manufacturers Association. This one-day event will include sessions on:
- Auto Industry Forecasts with Q&A — Speaker TBA
- Southern Automotive Quality: Expectations & Challenges — Michael Gaines, Honda, Southern Automotive Quality Leader, AAMA
- MEPs: Supporting the Southern Automotive Industry — Doug Jensen, president and CEO, Alabama Technology Network
- Quality Standards Update — Lori Hunt, lead U.S. delegate TC 176, on ISO 9001 (2015); Cheri Riche, IAOB, NA, on ISO/TS 16949
- VDA Quality Standards Update — Thomas Junggeburth, German Automotive Business Corp.
- OEM Quality Leadership Featured Speakers — Daimler, Toyota, Hyundai
- Supplier Quality Leadership Featured Speaker — David Kneisler, vice president, global quality, Dana Holding Company
J. Scot Sharland, AIAG’s executive director, says AIAG is committed to working with the Alabama Manufacturers Association “to establish a premier annual event committed to showcasing supplier quality in the great Southeast.”
Sharland characterizes AAMA as “a like-minded group of business professionals who believe in the benefits of a common industry approach, aligned messaging, and pervasive access to the necessary guidelines, assessment tools, education, training, and other collateral materials and resources needed by companies of all sizes to exceed their automotive customers’ performance expectations.”
Inquire now about exhibit and sponsorship opportunities at the 2016 Southern Automotive Quality Summit, as space is limited. Current event sponsors include FCA, General Motors, Toyota, Honda, Magna, Bosch, iPoint, Nissan, Omnex, and IAOB, among others.