AIAG’s program manager for environmental sustainability, Lecedra Welch, is looking for volunteers to join AIAG in its efforts to help create best solutions for the industry, including trainings, webinars, common tools, publications, and events. These important work groups enable AIAG to develop resources that support the needs of the industry, which is why member participation and feedback is so crucial.
Currently, we are looking for more participation in both our Energy Benchmarking Work Group and our Water Subgroup.
For energy, do any of these issues need to be addressed?
- Benchmarking energy use for your industry — Energy Star® EPI, custom
- Best practice sharing, strategies, projects, technology, RE-100
- Setting targets for energy reductions — intensity, absolute, EP-100
- Integrating energy into your business plan
- Latest technologies — LED, Smart Buildings, process efficiency
- Energy Savings business case, resources to implement
- 50001 Ready — DOE free app, self-certification, training
For water, do any of these issues need to be addressed?
- Benchmarking water use for your industry (auto OEM example)
- Best practice sharing, practical water reduction strategies, technology, reuse
- Setting targets for water reductions — intensity, absolute, scorecards
- Integrating water into your business plan
- Latest technologies — reverse osmosis, water reuse, storm water management
- Total cost of water — improves the business case
- How to do a water balance at your facility
If so, we hope you’ll join one of our work groups! These groups, which generally meet once a month, gather next in mid-March at AIAG headquarters and via Webex. Email Lecedra Welch for an invitation to add to your calendar and come learn about AIAG initiatives, meet others in the field, and give back to the automotive community.