Attend this growing annual conference to learn about key trends as well as best practices you can apply at your company.
Register now for the 2015 IMDS & Product Chemical Compliance Conference set to take place over 1-½ days at Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, Michigan. “This conference is a great forum for automotive OEMs and suppliers to interact, share information, and learn about current and future substance regulatory requirements,” notes Derek Ewing, senior project engineer at General Motors Powertrain; group leader of the IMDS team; and materials engineer for the plastic, plating, and coating materials that are used on transmission components.
The agenda on Tuesday, October 13, will focus on legislation issues and includes an evening reception.
Wednesday, October 14, will concentrate on IMDS topics including IMDS 10.0, which contains extensive changes designed to improve data quality and harmonize requirements. “Because of the growth of global substance regulations that OEMs and suppliers are required to meet,” Ewing explains, “this conference is an excellent way to obtain information about how to comply with these requirements.” Ewing will participate in the OEM and Supplier Panel on Tuesday.
Tuesday: More Legislative Topics
- Conflict Minerals: CFSI Conflict Free Smelter Initiative and impact on Supply Chain. John Plyler - Supply Chain Social Responsibility Program Manager, BlackBerry Ltd.
- Globally Harmonized System (GHS) Update: After the Deadline, What Information is Needed. Debra Reining - Quality Engineer, Luvata Ohio
- Green Chemistry: Approaches to Alternative Assessment using a Methodology and Green Screen. Margaret H. Whittaker - Managing Director and Chief Toxicologist, ToxServices LLC
- Legislative Update AP: China ELV & India ELV. Yasuhiro Shimizu - Project General Manager, DENSO Corporation
- Legislative Update Americas. Bing Xu - Global Material Management Program Manager, Ford Motor Company
- IMDS 9.0 Update Feature and Challenges. Chuck LePard - Engineering & Manufacturing Senior Consultant, Hewlett-Packard GmbH
- Anti-Counterfeit Measures. James Morrow, APB & Associates, Inc.
- OEM and Supplier Panel. Mark Bacchus - Materials Engineering Manager, Toyota Technical Center; Derek T. Ewing - Senior Project Engineer, General Motors Company; Matthew Griffin - Technical Specialist for Hazardous Materials Compliance, Jaguar Land Rover Limited; Brenda B. Baney - Product Stewardship Manager, Delphi Corporation; Amanda Bishop - Global Compliance Manager, Visteon Corporation; Christopher R. Sidney - Program Manager Energy & Substance Control, FCA US LLC; Bing Xu - Global Material Management Program Manager, Ford Motor Company; Scott Morris - Team Manager Honda North America Purchasing Division, Honda North America, Inc.
Wednesday: More IMDS Topics
- IMDS Tips. Jennifer Guest - Project Engineer, Tetra Tech
- IMDS 11.0. Matthew Griffin - Technical Specialist for Hazardous Materials Compliance, Jaguar Land Rover Limited
- Difference between CAMDS and IMDS. Achim Schrempp - Product Owner, IPoint-systems Gmbh
- What a Plastic/Rubber MDS Should Include. Heidi Wittenborn - Sr. Environmental Consultant, RSJ Technical Consultin
For more topics, visit www.aiag.org/events/event-list/agenda?EventCode=E15IMDS for the full agenda.
Date: Tuesday, October 13 – Wednesday, October 14, 2015
Location: Suburban Collection Showplace | 46100 Grand River Avenue | Novi, MI 48374