Demands for conflict minerals reporting on the global supply chain are increasing. In addition to existing U.S. legislation and customer requirements, legislation in Europe and China is pending.
At this fifth annual briefing, you will gain insights from thought leaders, OEMs, and suppliers that will affect your company in the year ahead. This three-hour event — repeated in a morning and an afternoon session — will provide you an update on industry strategies and best practices, IPSA audits, and smelter engagement activities.
For your scheduling convenience, the same agenda will be featured in the morning session and again in the afternoon session.
- Conflict Minerals Work Group Overview. Ryan Jenner, Yazaki North America, Inc.
- Status of Progress in Central Africa. Evidence-based results and the current state of progress.
- Strategy & Accomplishments: The Big Picture. Key points in the industry letter; perspectives from OEM and Tier 1 filers and Tier 2 non-filers; best practices for cascading information to suppliers. Scott Morris, Honda North America, Inc.; Amanda Bishop, Visteon Corporation; Johanna Blakley, Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc.; Deb Reining, Luvata Ohio
- Smelter Engagement Activities: Why smelter engagement is important; the process of CFSI smelter engagement; the process of AIAG smelter engagement; Conflict Free Smelter Program results, challenges, developments. Leah Butler, EICC; Johanna Blakley, Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc.; Hamlin Metzger, Best Buy Co., Inc.
- Independent Private Sector Audit (IPSA). Requirements and Other Considerations. Christopher McClure, Crowe Horwath LLP
- Evolution and Future of Global Conflict Minerals Reporting: Updates to the CMRT and IPC 1755; a broad global view of supply chain transparency; global updates on conflict minerals requirements. Chuck LePard, Hewlett Packard Enterprises, Ashley Orbach, U.S. Department of State; Leah Butler, CFSI; Jennifer Guest, Tetra Tech
Sponsor and exhibitor opportunities are available. Contact Shannon Osburn email@example.com.
Date: Tuesday, August 2, 2016
Time (two identical sessions):
Morning: 8:30am – 11:30am
Afternoon: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Location: AIAG | 26200 Lahser Road Suite 200 | Southfield, Michigan