The AIAG Sub-tier Supplier Management CQI-19 is a voluntary guideline that provides a common process for all suppliers to evaluate their supplier management. It is a three part training that includes: Online Self-Assessment, eLearning, and Classroom Training.
The CQI-19 eLearning hour is an online training service from AIAG that emphasizes how implementing a common supplier management process across the industry will result in more effective supplier evaluation, selection, and development.
The eLearning training includes::
- Introduction to the four phases and appendixes of CQI-19
- Introduction of a "Gap Analysis Tool" that will be used in the face-to-face session to assist the organization in realizing the gaps between current state and desired state.
- Practice quizzes to reinforce understanding of:
- ISO/TS 16949 requirements pertaining to the organization's suppliers
- APQP and PPAP supplier requirements
- AIAG Core Tools from a supplier development perspective
It is important to decide what types of suppliers and professionals should seek this online training. The first type, Tier 1 quality professionals, want to learn a process based on industry best practices for managing their suppliers. The second, Tier 2 and below quality professionals, want to learn the process their potential customers will use when selecting suppliers and awarding new business.
Get the complete details about the 3-part certification, and register online.
photo credit: 01_2014_65 via photopin (license)