Join us in January!
AIAG’s Supply Chain Management team, in conjunction with Wayne State University, is now offering a five day seminar-style course, Principles of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
Using a variety of methods – including hands-on exercises and guest lecturers – students will learn core concepts related to managing lean organizations and implementing Six Sigma. At the end of the week, participants should have a greater understanding of the following:
- How a poor process consumes capacity and capability.
- How to use Excel for basic analysis.
- Basic tools used to drive process improvement.
- The fundamental strengths and weaknesses of Six Sigma.
- The basics of the lean production systems.
- The complexity of 5S programs.
- How successful companies make Lean Six Sigma an important part of their overall competitive strategy.
Designed for working professionals, the Principles of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma course takes place at Wayne State University (WSU) in Detroit, Michigan – though you don’t need to be a WSU student to participate. It is helpful, however, though not required, for participants to have some prior exposure to manufacturing systems and processes, or a background in supply chain management, quality management, manufacturing finance or a related business field.
Ready to find out more? Head to the AIAG Store to secure your seat today!