Developed in a collaborative effort by volunteers from ACME Consulting & Training Company, BOSCH Germany, Continental México, EATON México, Ford Motor Company, GPV, Harman International, Toyota Motor North America, and VITESCO Technologies, the CQI-17 Special Process: Electronic Assembly Manufacturing-Soldering System Assessment (EAM-SSA), Second Edition is now available for purchase at the AIAG Store.
The goal of the EAM-SSA is the development of a soldering management system that provides for continual improvement, emphasizing process control, proactive defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain. During this recent revision, the team added requirements and guidelines based on best practices for new manufacturing methods, process control and acceptability criteria, to ensure quality, reliability and durability of components from soldering processes.
Changes to the second edition include:
- Requirement for reaction contingency plans
- Requirement for traceability controls to verify compliance to the requirements
- Requirement for EOS damage prevention, and/or ESD safe workstations, and/or static dissipative or antistatic work surfaces
- Expanded internal documentation including listing all Performance Metrics Indicators as defined by the customer and supplier
- Recommendation to dual qualify key components (e.g., resistors, capacitors, diodes, FET's, PCB's) to reduce risk in the event of component capacity constraints in the future
- Added Process Parameter Guidelines as recommendations or suggestions for the key parameters of those processes where they are mentioned
- Added questions to the Process Tables to explore challenges the automotive industry is experiencing which may be of help in finding answers, solutions, and recommendations to such challenges
“As manufacturing technologies evolve, this substantial revision provides added value both for customers and suppliers of soldered assemblies by introducing new processes as well as process parameter guidelines to the well-established CQI-17 document,” explains Dr. Udo Welzel, Senior Expert, BOSCH Germany
These new assessment guidelines are now available in print and electronic document formats, exclusively from AIAG. Check out purchase options and get your copy today!