Coming August 2020!
The new CQI-12 Special Process: Coating System Assessment was developed to help better evaluate quality systems at coating shops supplying OEM automotive coatings. Now in it’s third edition, the Coating System Assessment has been updated and revised for greater clarity, and to include the ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 Quality Management System concepts, “process approach” and “risk management.”
Additional improvements increase the likelihood that all requirements will be addressed during each assessment; each requirement now includes a definition with points to consider, and further guidance is shared in the form of questions which provide examples of acceptable objective evidence.
The third edition of CQI-12 also features the following clarifications and updates:
- The new optional Form Builder allows assessors to prepare a more tailored and specific process assessment.
- Requirements for all test equipment associated with each process are now included at the end of each process table.
- The Pyrometry section has been completely rewritten to provide sufficient details to guide the user to acceptable test methods and results.
- A Job Audit Measurement column has been added to standardize the location the information is populated during a Job Audit.
- More guidance has been added in the form of questions to provide clear examples of what can be used as objective evidence.
Watch your email for the official announcement once the new version is available – or head to the AIAG Quality Store now to check out our current offerings!